Pulled Pork Wraps
Slow cooker recipes are a fantastic way to save time and energy while still getting a healthy, fitness-approved meal on the table. This recipe for slow cooker pulled pork wraps takes just a few minutes in the morning, then a few more minutes of prep right before you serve it. No need for carb-filled bread, eat your pulled pork wrapped in lettuce. It tastes awesome and will help you reach your goals faster. Servings: 12 Here’s what you need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (4lb) pork shoulder roast
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 cup organic, sugar-free barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 large organic yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 organic red bell pepper
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper
- 1 large organic yellow onion
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce
- Place the olive oil in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the pork roast and pour the chicken broth over it.
- In a medium bowl combine the barbeque sauce, vinegar, Dijon, chili powder, onion, garlic and thyme. Pour over the pork.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours and 30 minutes. Once done, remove the pork from the slow cooker, discard the fat and shred the meat with two forks. Return the shredded meat to the juices in the slow cooker, on warm, until ready to serve.
- Thinly slice the bell peppers and remaining onion. Saute in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Once very tender, season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Serve the pork on large romaine lettuce leaves and top with the tender peppers and onions. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 368 calories, 19g fat, 218mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 28g protein