Low Carb Chicken Wraps
This is a great low carb option instead of a sandwich, love it!
Another sure-fire way to feel better than ever is to eat a diet that is high in fiber and protein and low in refined sugar and carbohydrates. These shredded chicken lettuce wraps are easy to make and will keep you on track with your healthy, fit lifestyle.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 Tablespoon chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup lime juice, divided
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 whole chicken legs
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 large butter lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl combine the chile pepper, salt, pepper, oregano, 1/4 cup of the lime juice and the olive oil. Place the chicken in a large baking pan and coat with the seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the cabbage, onion, cilantro and remaining 1/4 cup lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roast the chicken legs for 40 minutes.
- When the chicken has cooled, discard the skin and bones and shred the chicken.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with a spoonful of cabbage mixture, topped with shredded chicken.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 248 calories, 12 fat, 740mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 26.7g protein.
Let me know how I can help. I am dedicated to helping Wilmington work on their fitness!