Most muffin recipes use white flour, sugar, canola oil and dairy—but not these healthy muffins. Each of these Grain-Free Zucchini Muffins is packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It’s the perfect way to turn fresh, organic zucchini into a delicious treat. Serving: 12
Here’s what you need…
- 11/2 cups almond flour
- 11/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup grated zucchini, water squeezed out
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan with coconut oil, or one large loaf pan.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, honey, vanilla, banana and oil in another bowl. Mix well and add the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined
- Fold in the zucchini, raisins and pecans. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each tin 1/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and set (for a loaf bake for 30 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: One muffin equals: 182 calories, 12g fat, 13g carbohydrate, 166mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 6g protein